Ooey Gooey Cake
It takes some work binding all the ingredients and spreading them into the pans, but the effort is well worth it!
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (or golden butter mix)
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine (one stick) softened
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg
- confectioners' sugar (16 oz)
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Ooey Gooey Cake
- 1For the bottom layer, combine in a large bowl, the cake mix, the softened butter, 1 egg, and the nuts (if used). Mixture will be thick. Spread into a greased and floured 13x9 inch pan.
- 2For the top layer, combine the confectioners (powdered) sugar, the softened cream cheese, the vanilla and the remaining eggs. Again, the mixture will be thick. Spread over the bottom layer.
- 3Bake at 350 degree F oven for 40-45 minutes, or until done. Cool completely, and store covered at room temperature if there's anything left.