Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars
How to Make Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make the base first: mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
- Pat into pan, create an even layer
- Make the ooey gooey layer: Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour gooey layer over cake layer, spread to edges.
- Bake for 45 minutes* or until edges are golden brown, center should be a creamy yet solid consistency like cheesecake or heaven.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into 1-inch sqaures with a clean, dry knife. For best square results, pop into freezer and chill before slicing.