On The Grill Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes!
You can keep them plain or add in all the "goodies" you want... either way they are good and filling.
Play With Your Food! ox
I always do just a couple of pancakes starting out, and then after I get the hang of it... add more to the griddle.
This is a grilling recipe, but you can make them indoors as well.
1/3 cmaple syrup
1/2 cbrown sugar
3 Tbspcooking oil
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
2 coatmeal (quick cooking kind)
1/2 cwalnuts or pecans (chopped coarse)
3/4 cdark chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
How to Make On The Grill Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes!
- Beat together the liquid ingredients with the sugar and maple syrup.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the optional ingredients by folding them into the batter.
- Let batter sit and rest while you heat up the griddle on the grill....over medium heat...so don't set griddle directly over the hotest part of grill.
Rub a little oil onto the griddle using a cooking mop or paper towel.
- Put 2 Tablespoons of batter onto the griddle to make them about the same size as an oatmeal cookie. Cook until bubbles form (about 2 minutes). Flip pancake over and cook about 2 minutes longer.
Repeat until all are cooked.
Eat as is or top with jam or syrup.
I enjoy them wrapped around breakfast sausage.