OLIVE OIL CUPCAKE W/BALSAMIC WHIPPED CREAM
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
·pinch of salt
2/3 colive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbsplemon zest
1/2 clemon juice
2 Tbspfinely chopped fresh thyme
BALSAMIC WHIPPED CREAM
2 cheavy cream
1/2 csugar (or more)
3 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make OLIVE OIL CUPCAKE W/BALSAMIC WHIPPED CREAM
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a cupcake tin with liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest, rub together to extract the oils from the zest. Add the olive oil, mix on high speed till combined. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating after each egg added.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix on slow speed. Add 1/2 of the lemon juice and continue mixing.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by the remaining lemon juice and the remaining flour mixture, beat until combined, between each addition. Stir in the thyme.
- Fill the cupcake tin, 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes or until they spring back with a light pressure.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a cooling rack.
- BALSAMIC WHIPPED CREAM: Combine cream, sugar and balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- Be sure that the cupcakes are completely cooled. Frost or pipe your cupcakes. Make 12 cupcakes.