Olive oil cake
family does.This recipe makes two cakes and will serve 16 people. You can half the recipe or if you want only one cake you can freeze one. It stores very well. Thaw it at room temperature when you want to serve it.
- 2 c
- sifted flour
- 2 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2/ tsp
- 3 large
- 2 Tbsp
- orange zest
- 1 c
- olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- dried cranberries, chopped and dusted with flour
How to Make Olive oil cake
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 8 or 9 inch round baking pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms with parchment or wax paper cut to fit. Spay paper,then coat pans with flour.
- 2Whisk the flour, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl until blended.
- 3Whisk eggs and orange zest in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in remaing 1 cup of sugar, whisk until lightens,about 1 minute. Whisk in oil and buttermilk until blended.
- 4Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until blended. Stir in cranberries. Distribute mixture evenly between the prepared pans.
Bake 40-45 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completley.
Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
- 5Store room temperature, in the refrigerator or you can freeze the cake. If you freeze one, thaw at room temperature.