Oldie but a goodie Pineapple upside down cake
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix that uses water instead of oil
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple slices reserve juice
- 1 jar(s)
- marachino cherries
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1 stick
How to Make Oldie but a goodie Pineapple upside down cake
- 1In a 13x9x2 pan melt the margarine
- 2When margarine is melted sprinkle brown sugar over margarine. This should cover the bottom of the pan
- 3Arrange pineapples on top of the brown sugar.
- 4Place 1 cherry in center of the pineapple rings.
- 5Sprinkle walnuts over top
- 6Prepare cake batter as directed on box using reserved juice in place of water
- 7Pour batter over top of the fruit.
- 8Tap bottom of cake to remove air bubbles. Bake 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Check top of cake. When knife inserted comes out clean it is done.
- 9Immediately top with serving plate or cookie sheet lined with foil. CAREFULLY flip the cake.
- 10Raise pan off cake. Please be careful the steam can get ya. Rearrange any fruit that had shifted. Allow to cool. This will scald you and that is not fun.