Oldie but a goodie Pineapple upside down cake
1 boxyellow cake mix that uses water instead of oil
1 can(s)pineapple slices reserve juice
1 jar(s)marachino cherries
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Oldie but a goodie Pineapple upside down cake
- In a 13x9x2 pan melt the margarine
- When margarine is melted sprinkle brown sugar over margarine. This should cover the bottom of the pan
- Arrange pineapples on top of the brown sugar.
- Place 1 cherry in center of the pineapple rings.
- Sprinkle walnuts over top
- Prepare cake batter as directed on box using reserved juice in place of water
- Pour batter over top of the fruit.
- Tap bottom of cake to remove air bubbles. Bake 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Check top of cake. When knife inserted comes out clean it is done.
- Immediately top with serving plate or cookie sheet lined with foil. CAREFULLY flip the cake.
- Raise pan off cake. Please be careful the steam can get ya. Rearrange any fruit that had shifted. Allow to cool. This will scald you and that is not fun.