Old Fashioned Whipped Cream Frosting
How to Make Old Fashioned Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1In a bowl beat Crisco/shortening, butter, sugar, and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Cover, and set aside on counter.
- 2Meanwhile, make the thickener: In a pan, stir flour into milk then put over low heat.
- 3Cook and stir until a slow boil and is thick.
- 4Remove from stove top and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. (until cooled)
- 5Remove the top skin that forms and discard.
- 6Add the thickening past to the butter/crisco/sugar mixture a little at a time while beating with mixer.
- 7Beat until well mixed and smooth and fluffy.