Old Fashioned Whipped Cream Frosting
How to Make Old Fashioned Whipped Cream Frosting
- In a bowl beat Crisco/shortening, butter, sugar, and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Cover, and set aside on counter.
- Meanwhile, make the thickener: In a pan, stir flour into milk then put over low heat.
- Cook and stir until a slow boil and is thick.
- Remove from stove top and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. (until cooled)
- Remove the top skin that forms and discard.
- Add the thickening past to the butter/crisco/sugar mixture a little at a time while beating with mixer.
- Beat until well mixed and smooth and fluffy.