☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- sugar or splenda sugar
- 1 tsp
- salt or light salt
- 2 tablespoon and 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c
- milk or non-fat milk
- garnish; butter, strawberries, whipped cream or cool whip
How to Make Old-Fashioned Shortcake
- 1Sift together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, add oil and enough milk to make a soft dough.
- 2Spread in a greased 13x9 baking pan.
Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes; until golden.
- 3Cool; cut into squares. To serve, split open each squares.
To serve, split open square; spread bottom halves lightly with butter.
Top with strawberries and whipped cream; add top halves. Make 8-10 servings.
Or make a strawberries sauce and top with whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 4Strawberries sauce; Finely cut the strawberries put little water with some sugar or Splenda sugar and stir.