How to Make Old fashioned pound cake
- Cream one egg at a time to sugar and butter. The longer you cream this the better
- Add flour a little at a time until blended.
- Add box of pudding mix
- Add vanilla
- I use a pampered chef stone pan. Spray pan with pam with flour.
- Pour all of the batter mix into the pan and bake in a cold oven for 1 hour or until done. ( do not pre-heat oven) 300 degrees
- When cake is done, I remove from pan when still warm. I sprinkle powered sugar on the top and cover it with the cake pan glass. This keeps the moisture inside the cake.
- You can use other flavorings if desired. ( Lemon, almond, rum, orange) I like vanilla myself but have tried others.