Old Fashioned Pound Cake
The best part is it will stand up to any topping you can think to put on it, or you can eat it just plain. It's delicious either way.
How to Make Old Fashioned Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350*F grease and flour a tube, bundt, or loaf pan * I prefer bundt - it lets me know where to make the slices LOL
- cream butter, then add sugar gradually and beat together till light and fluffy. Then add eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each egg
- sift flour, measure again, then add salt and baking powder and sift again. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and then add the flavoring.
- Beat mixture well. * It's ready when you can drop a little of the batter into a bowl of water and it floats * then pour into your cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- * note * if you prefer to use cake flour, just sub 3 cups of cake flour for the 2 3/4 cup of all purpose.