Old-Fashioned Jam Cake (#8)
I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
How to Make Old-Fashioned Jam Cake (#8)
- 1Cream shortening and sugar;
- 2Add eggs and milk. Beat for 2 minutes.
- 3Add next 7 ingredients; mix well.
- 4Add jam.
- 5Pour into 2 greased 9-inch cake pans.
- 6Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in 350-degree oven.
- 7Let cool slightly; turn out on racks until cold.
- 8PERSONAL NOTE: This recipe was used by my Grandmother in the 1930's.
Mrs. Ida F. Long
Lafayette Church of God LWWB