★★★★★ 1 vote5
2.5 call purpose flour
3/4 cbutter, softened
1 cmilk, sour
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Old-Fashioned Crumb Cake
- NOTE: To make sour milk, add 1 teaspoon white vinegar to 1 cup milk.
- Blend flour, butter and cinnamon until mixture resembles cornmeal. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture for top.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, salt, egg, sour milk and baking soda; blend slowly.
- Pour into greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until straw inserted in center comes out clean.