How to Make OLD FASHION FUDGE ICING
- Melt butter in large boiling pot on medium heat.
- Add Karo Syrup, evaporated milk, and Hershey's Cocoa. Stir and mix well with a big wooden spoon. Add Sugar.
- Briefly turn heat to high and bring to a FULL ROLLING BOIL, (stirring constantly). A boil that you CAN NOT Stir down. REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM HIGH and boil 4 minutes...Measure time accurately by the clock.
- Remove from the heat and beat with mixer on high until thick and creamy. Add Vanilla.
- Spread between cake layers, on top and sides. This will frost 10 layers.
- With remaining icing heat to a rolling boil,turn off remove from burner. Continue beating until thick and creamy. Add 2 cups of chopped nuts. Pour on to a buttered pan. Let cool then cut into squares.
- OR, YOU CAN EAT THE ICING WITH THE BIG WOODEN SPOON RIGHT FROM THE PAN.