1 1/2 ccooked oatmeal
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 RECIPE-BROILED NUT TOPPING
How to Make OATMEAL CAKE
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temp.for 30 min. Meanwhile grease and flour a 9in.pan.In a med. bowl sift together flour,baking powder,soda,salt,cinnamon and nutmeg.Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*.In a large bowl beat the butter at med-high for 30 sec.,add sugar,brown sugar and vanilla until well combined.Add eggs one at a time,mixing well after each. Alternatly add the flour and oatmeal to butter mixture on low until just combined.Spread into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 min.Use a toothpick in center to check for doneness.
- Let cake rest in pan for 20 min.on a rack. Loosen cake and turn onto rack to cool for 1 more hour.
- Transfer cake to oven proof plate.Spread topping over cake. Broil 4in. from heat 2 to 3 min. util bubbly and golden.
- BROILED NUT TOPPING
- In a med. saucepan combine 1/4C butter and 2tablespoons milk.Cook and stir until butter melts.Add 1/2C packed brown sugar,stir until disolved.Remove from heat and stir in 3/4C chopped pecans or walnuts.