Nutty Banana Bread
*The original recipe called for kosher salt, but I didn't have any, so I just used regular salt.
**For buttermilk, I used half a cup of regular milk and added half a tablespoon of lemon juice.
2 call-purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspkosher salt* (see my notes)
1/2 ccanola oil
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cbuttermilk** (see my notes)
3 mediumbananas, mashed
1/2 cwalnuts, finely minced
How to Make Nutty Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan (I just used nonstick baking spray).
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined; alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk in three additions; gently stir in the bananas and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan; bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes; carefully turn out the loaf to finish cooling on a wire rack.