Nutella Cheesecake Muffins
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Creamy and delicious! We used Lorna Doone cookies for the crust and they turned out like a dream. The Test Kitchen
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature- important (8 oz)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1/3-1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- eggs - room temp - important
- cookies of your choice that goes well with nutella
- cupcake liners
How to Make Nutella Cheesecake Muffins
- 2Cookies or graham crackers of your choice. If you use graham crackers mash one sleeve full and mix with some melted butter about 2 tablespoon full.
Line your cupcake pan with the liners. This recipe makes exactly 1 dozen! Using a spoon you can put two spoonfuls of cookie crumbs on the bottom of each cupcake liner. If you choose to use a regular cookie, like a nilla wafer , just place one cookie at the bottom of each liner. TRUST ME! This works and won’t burn!!
- 3Now beat cream cheese, sugar and butter and until smooth. Add in your desired amount of Nutella, I did 1/3 and thought it was good. Blend it all in then add vanilla and the sour cream. Blend again. Add one egg and blend for a good minute, then add the other one and blend again for a full minute. Don’t over do it or toss in both at once.
You will notice it will be a little soupy, that’s ok! Pour it into a large cup that you can easily pour into the cupcake liners. Fill each liner to the top or almost. It will rise a little but not too much that it would over flow.
Place the pan in the middle shelf of the oven over the pan of water and bake for 25 minutes. When its done let it sit for a moment on the stove top so it cools enough to place in the fridge. DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT OF THE PAN!!! They need to cool for a few hours in the fridge to set up properly.
When ready to eat, feel free to dollop whipped cream on top!