Norma's Spice Cake with Fresh Peach Sauce
1 pkgduncan hines moist deluxe spice cake mix
1 1/4 cwater
1/2 cvegetable oil
·confectioners' sugar (optional)
6 csliced fresh peaches
1/8 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Norma's Spice Cake with Fresh Peach Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Grease and flour 10 inch bundt or tube pan
- Place cake mix, egg whites, water and oil in large mixing bowl and beat at low speed until blended.
- Turn speed up to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 42 to 47 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- For sauce:
- Combine peaches and water in large saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool,reserving 1/2 cup peach slices in a bowl.
- Combine remaining peaches and any cooking liquid, sugar and cinnamon in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour over reserved peach slices and stir until slices are covered with pureed peaches.
- Slice your cake and serve with peach sauce.
- Note: The fresh peach sauce can be served warm or chilled.