Norma's Spice Cake with Fresh Peach Sauce
- 1 pkg
- duncan hines moist deluxe spice cake mix
- egg whites
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 6 c
- sliced fresh peaches
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Norma's Spice Cake with Fresh Peach Sauce
- 1Preheat your oven to 350
- 2Grease and flour 10 inch bundt or tube pan
- 3Place cake mix, egg whites, water and oil in large mixing bowl and beat at low speed until blended.
- 4Turn speed up to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and bake for 42 to 47 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 6Remove from oven and cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- 7Invert onto serving plate and cool completely.
- 8Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- 9For sauce:
- 10Combine peaches and water in large saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and let cool,reserving 1/2 cup peach slices in a bowl.
- 13Combine remaining peaches and any cooking liquid, sugar and cinnamon in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 14Pour over reserved peach slices and stir until slices are covered with pureed peaches.
- 15Slice your cake and serve with peach sauce.
- 16Note: The fresh peach sauce can be served warm or chilled.