Norma's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1/3 csoft shortening
1/2 tsplemon extract
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 can(s)sliced pineapple, drained
·pecan halves if desired
How to Make Norma's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- First prepare 10 inch cast iron skillet or a 9 inch cake pan with melted butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the butter and arrange drained pineapple in attractive pattern on the butter-sugar coating.
- Place a cherry in center of each pineapple slice and arrange pecan halves if desired.
- Mix all ingrediens in a mixing bowl until all is blended well.
- Pour the cake batter over fruit.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a toothpick stuck into center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place a platter over the top of the pan and immediately turn upside down.
- Leave the pan over cake for a few minutes so the brown sugar mixture will run down over the cake.
- Remove pan and serve warm with whipped cream.