No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
When my friend tasted it he actually punched me in the arm a few times and finally got round his slice of cake and all he could say was "OMG" for a good 5 minutes.
I have made it in many moulds and the picture you see was a special request for Valentine's Day last year from a friend for her boyfriend.
- 120 g
- oreo cookies (sans filling)
- 60 g
- butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp
- gelatin (*see note at bottom of recipe)
- 1/2 c
- room temperature water
- 250 g
- cream cheese, softened
- 300 ml
- whipping cream, whipped
- 150 g
- caster sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 8 pieces
- oreo cookies (sans filling), coarsely crushed (*see note)
OREO CHEESE MIXTURE
How to Make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over room temperature water, heat the water so it's warm then leave to cool.
- 2Place all oreos without the filling in a food processor and pulse till fine. (or you can use a mortar and pestle for real old school, or line your hand with a sandwich bag and crush with fist)
- 3Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter till evenly mixed, then press into the bottom of an 8" diameter round springform pan. Chill.
- 4Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice till smooth. Add in gelatine and beat on low speed till just incorporated.
- 5Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream. Once evenly mixed, fold in coarsely crushed oreos.
- 6Pour mixture on top of the oreo base and freeze till set, about 4 hours - I usually freeze overnight.
*1 tbsp gelatin produces a more ice cream-like texture. For a firmer cake, increase up to 2 tbsp gelatin. For the oreos, I sometimes use more cookies.