No bake, Orange Cake
How to Make No bake, Orange Cake
- 1Mix the cornstarch and sugar. Pour on gradually the hot milk, and cook until it bubbles all through, stirring constantly.
- 2Beat the egg yolks slightly, and add the hot mixture slowly. Cook in a double boiler for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add the butter, orange juice and grated orange, and lemon rinds. Beat the egg whites into stiff peeks.
- 4Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites. Cool.
- 5Use a cake tin with a removable bottom. Line the sides and bottom with lady fingers, seperated, with the rounded side towards the pan. Spread a layer of filling over the lady fingers. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- 6Chill for twenty-four hours. Lift the bottom of the tin out with the cake, and place on a large plate. Cover the top with sweetened, flavored whipped cream. Arrange sections of orange in flower fashion on top.