No-Bake Icebox Fruitcake
Please see additional notes below.
1 boxvanilla waffers, crushed
1 boxgraham crackers, crushed
1 cgranulated sugar
12 ozevaporated milk
1 largejar maraschino cherries, drained
1 largejar green cherries, drained
1 cgolden raisins
1 cchopped pecans
2containers candied pineapple
How to Make No-Bake Icebox Fruitcake
- Crush together the vanilla waffers and graham crackers and set aside.
- In a saucepan slowly bring to a boil the milk and sugar, being careful not to burn. Pour over crushed vanilla waffers/graham crackers and mix well (with your hands).
- Add fruit and nuts. Freeze (see tip below) overnight then cut into small squares or bite-size pieces. Keep in refrigerator or freezer.
- *** You can substitute 1 large bag of marshmallows for the sugar
*** You can use candied cherries rather than jarred cherries
*** You can use walnuts or both pecans and walnuts
*** You can use mixed candied citrus fruit if you like...just get creative
*** I also have used 2 containers of candied green cherries and 1 jar and 1 container of red cherries as well as chopped dates.
- TIP: I usually put the fruitcake in a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment paper then cover it well before freezing. Once I cut it into pieces I put it in ziplock bags and back into the freezer. You can also make it into logs then refrigerate or freeze. Once it has chilled you can then cut small round slices.
- NOTE: This will not get hard frozen. I actually eat it right from the freezer. It doesn't have to thaw.