No Bake Fruitcake
- large pkg regular size marshmallows
- 1 lb.
- graham crackers, crushed
- cup milk
- shelled, whole brazil nuts, or pecans, or mixture, your choice
- 16 oz jar mixed candied fruits,
- 1 lb.
- golden raisins, or try using craisins, your choice
- cups fine chopped dates, optional, or your choice
How to Make No Bake Fruitcake
- 1Melt mallows in milk over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2When melted, pour over graham cracker crumbs which have been mixed with all fruits and nuts, making sure to use quite large bowl.
- 3Mix very well, till there are no dry crumbs. If there are still few dried crumbs, add just enough Brandy or Rum, or milk till dry crumbs are mixed in.
- 4Pack into linen or cheesecloth or even wax paper lined containers with lids. This recipe makes one 4 lb. or 3 small cakes. (Saran Wrap would work) If you like recipe, you will find your own way to do this).
- 5I found that if you use the ( 8 oz size, I think, not the itty bitty one and not the largest one, the one in between)container that cool whip comes in, work perfectly because they ripen quicker and flavors meld better.
- 6For my taste, I like to soak the cheesecloth in a small bowl with some Rum or Brandy, squeez out excess, but not real dry. Place in container and place fruitcake on cloth and fold edges over top of cake and cover with lid. Find place in fridge for 2-4 weeks. Then slice and enjoy. This very rich cake. May freeze for up to 3-4 months.