No Bake Fruitcake
1large pkg regular size marshmallows
1 lb.graham crackers, crushed
4shelled, whole brazil nuts, or pecans, or mixture, your choice
one16 oz jar mixed candied fruits,
1 lb.golden raisins, or try using craisins, your choice
1-2cups fine chopped dates, optional, or your choice
How to Make No Bake Fruitcake
- Melt mallows in milk over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When melted, pour over graham cracker crumbs which have been mixed with all fruits and nuts, making sure to use quite large bowl.
- Mix very well, till there are no dry crumbs. If there are still few dried crumbs, add just enough Brandy or Rum, or milk till dry crumbs are mixed in.
- Pack into linen or cheesecloth or even wax paper lined containers with lids. This recipe makes one 4 lb. or 3 small cakes. (Saran Wrap would work) If you like recipe, you will find your own way to do this).
- I found that if you use the ( 8 oz size, I think, not the itty bitty one and not the largest one, the one in between)container that cool whip comes in, work perfectly because they ripen quicker and flavors meld better.
- For my taste, I like to soak the cheesecloth in a small bowl with some Rum or Brandy, squeez out excess, but not real dry. Place in container and place fruitcake on cloth and fold edges over top of cake and cover with lid. Find place in fridge for 2-4 weeks. Then slice and enjoy. This very rich cake. May freeze for up to 3-4 months.