New York Style Cheesecake
2 cfinely crushed graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
5 (8 oz.) pkgcream cheese, softened
1 3/4 csugar
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/3 cwhipping cream
1 tspfinely shredded lemon peel
How to Make New York Style Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- For the crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter or margarine; stir until well combined; press onto bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- For the filling: Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla; beat with electric mixer until fluffy; add eggs and egg yolks, beating on low speed just until combined; stir in whipping cream and lemon peel; pour into pan.
- Place pan in a shallow baking pan in oven; bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool 15 minutes; loosen crust from sides of pan; cool 30 minutes more; remove sides of pan; cool completely.
- Chill 4 to 24 hours in refrigerator.