New York Cheesecake
How to Make New York Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- 3Mix flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
- 4Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and mix until just combined.
Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
- 6Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.