How to Make New York Cheesecake
- Crust: In a bowl, mix together the crumbs, butter, and sugar and press into the bottom and partly up the sides of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated 325 for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Cake: In a mixer, combine the cheese and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs and blend until smooth.
- Mix in flour, lemon zest and cream. Pour into crust lined pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400 oven for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 250 and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes longer or until just barely set.
- Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar, and let cool in the oven for 1 hour longer.
- To serve, remove pan sides and cut into wedges.