New York Cheesecake
- 8 oz bricks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. tub of whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
How to Make New York Cheesecake
- 1Cut cream cheese bricks and butter in small pieces. Place in a very large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Beat 20 minutes with hand held mixer at high speed. (Do not use a stand mixer!). Don't overbeat, mixture should be smooth, but not frothy.
- 2Grease and flour a 10" springform pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Leave the cake in the oven and turn the oven off. Leave in the oven for 2 more hours. You can use a water bath, but be sure to wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the pan.
- 3Lat cool completely on a wire rack and then refrigerate.