1-1/2 cvanilla wafer crumbs
6 Tbspmelted butter
2 ozunsweetened baking chocolate
38-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cgranulated sugar
3eggs, slightly beaten
3 csour cream
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cstrawberry preserves
·sweet chocolate shavings (optional)
·sliced strawberries (optional)
How to Make Neapolitan Cheesecake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- FOR THE CRUST: combine crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 10-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Following package directions, melt 2 oz. chocolate in microwave; cool. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cheese and sugar.
- Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs; one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Divide mixture evenly among three small bowls.
- To first bowl, add melted chocolate; blend.
- To second bowl, add vanilla; blend.
- To third bowl, add strawberry preserves; blend.
- Pour chocolate batter into prepared pan. Pour vanilla batter over chocolate layer. Pour strawberry batter over vanilla layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Turn off oven; let cool.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan but do not unmold.
- Chill several hours; unmold. Garnish with chocolate shavings and strawberries (if desired).