Nana's Blueberry Buckle
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (sometimes i throw in extra)
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon (i use about 3/4)
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING
How to Make Nana's Blueberry Buckle
- 1Cream together butter and sugar. Blend in vanilla and eggs.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the creamed mixture alternating with milk.
- 3Fold in blueberries gently. (make sure they are completely dried after washing them. Do not add wet)
- 4Pour into greased 8x8 pan.
- 5In a small bowl mix together dry ingredients for topping. Then cut in butter until crumbly.
- 6Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.