My Yummy Mango & Coconut Brulee Cake
1large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
3/4 cunsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsplime juice
·finely grated rind of 1 lime
1/3 cdry unsweeteded coconut
·toasted long shred coconut to decorate
How to Make My Yummy Mango & Coconut Brulee Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Crease and line with parchment paper cut to fit the botton of a deep 9 inch round cake pan. Or a 9 inch iron skillet skillet can be used instead.
- Arrange the mango evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Beat well until mixture is smooth, then stir in the lime juice, lime rind and dry unsweetened coconut until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture over the mango and smoothe the survace with a spatula.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn onto a flameproof dish.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the sugar and place under the not broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned. Watch not to burn.
- Alternatively, you can use a chef's blowtorch to brown the top if you have one.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with coconut shreds and cut into slices.