My Pineapple Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 duncan hines pineapple upside down cake mix
- 1 jello instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup bacardi gold rum
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- extra pineapple juice, just in case
- 1 c
How to Make My Pineapple Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour (or spray) 12-cup Bundt pan. Add the melted butter, nuts, brown sugar, 1/2 of juice from crushed pineapple, and as much of the pineapple as desired (I use about half of the can) to the prepared pan. It will appear to be a lot in the pan, but that's normal. The finished cake will look nice!
- 2Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, milk, oil, 1/2 cup of rum, half can of crushed pineapple and beat for 2 minutes on high with mixer. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. (Check at 50 minutes--if toothpick comes out clean--you're done--depends on your oven).
- 3Prepare glaze--Add remaining 1/2 of pineapple juice, powered sugar, 1 cup sugar, remaining 1/2 cup rum, and 1/2 stick melted butter to sauce pan and heat on. It's always good to have a little extra pineapple juice to get right flavor. This glaze will be very thin, but will absorb. Any extra that settles around the cake will be fine and will soak into any fruit you use to decorate the outside. You'll know when you taste it.
- 4Let cool 5 minutes and invert to serving plate. Let rest 10 minutes. Poke holes using toothpick and drizzle glaze slowly to ensure all is absorbed all over the cake. Garnish with frozen sugared raspberries and mint leaves for a special Holiday look or you can use half pineapple rings to circle around the cake.