My Individual Golden Raisin Syrup Sponge Cakes
4 Tbspdark corn syrup
1 ccup of all purpose flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspground allspice
3/4 cunsalted butter, softened
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 cgolden raisins
·whipped cream if desired
How to Make My Individual Golden Raisin Syrup Sponge Cakes
- Preat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Crease a 12 cup muffin pan with melted butter or vegetable oil and place a teaspoon of the corn syrup in each cup.
- Sift the flours, baking powder and allspice into a large bowl, adding any bran left in the sifter.
- Add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat well until the mixture is smooth, then stir in half of the golden raisins.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared cups in the muffin pan and sprinkle the remaing golden raisins on top.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until risen, firm and golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and let stand for 2 minutes, then turn out 2 cakes onto individual warmed serving plates.
- Serve with whipped cream or extra dark syrup if desired.