My Favorite Carrot Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 csifted flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
2 1/2 tspground cinnamon
1 cvegetable oil
2 cgrated raw carrots
1 1/3 cflaked coconut
1 ccrushed pineapple (juice drained), or freshly crushed pineapple
1 tspsalt - i can't get the salt to move up under the baking soda!
How to Make My Favorite Carrot Cake
- In a medium to large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon with a wire whisk.
- Add sugar, oil, and eggs and mix at medium speed until blended well.
- Add carrots, coconut, and pineapple (drained) and continue to mix at medium speed till all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a buttered and floured bundt baking pan. I usually use a flour/butter spray that you can get at any grocery store. Makes baking so much easier!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a cooling rack before removing it from the pan. At least 15 - 20 minutes.
- ** Just a side note: before you finish mixing the batter you can mix in a 1/2 a cup of walnuts, or 1/2 cup of raisins, to the batter as well before pouring it into the bundt pan to bake. You may have to adjust the baking time a little if you do.
** You can also bake the cake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, or add more flaked coconut to the top for an added twist.
I normally don't add nuts, raisins, or pineapple because some people just don't like either of them in the cake.
- This is my fool-proof Cream Cheese Icing!
1 container of Betty Crocker "Fluffy Whipped" White Icing. (it has to be Fluffy Whipped White Icing!!)
3/4 - 1 whole package of Philidelphia Cream Cheese softened
- In a mixing bowl combine the Fluffy Whipped White Icing with the Philidelphia Cream Cheese on low to medium speed until smoothe. Spread it ontop of cake and ENJOY!