My Favorite Carrot Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- sifted flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 c
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 c
- grated raw carrots
- 1 1/3 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 c
- crushed pineapple (juice drained), or freshly crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp
- salt - i can't get the salt to move up under the baking soda!
How to Make My Favorite Carrot Cake
- 1In a medium to large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon with a wire whisk.
- 2Add sugar, oil, and eggs and mix at medium speed until blended well.
- 3Add carrots, coconut, and pineapple (drained) and continue to mix at medium speed till all ingredients are incorporated.
- 4Pour mixture into a buttered and floured bundt baking pan. I usually use a flour/butter spray that you can get at any grocery store. Makes baking so much easier!
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a cooling rack before removing it from the pan. At least 15 - 20 minutes.
- 6** Just a side note: before you finish mixing the batter you can mix in a 1/2 a cup of walnuts, or 1/2 cup of raisins, to the batter as well before pouring it into the bundt pan to bake. You may have to adjust the baking time a little if you do.
** You can also bake the cake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, or add more flaked coconut to the top for an added twist.
I normally don't add nuts, raisins, or pineapple because some people just don't like either of them in the cake.
- 7This is my fool-proof Cream Cheese Icing!
1 container of Betty Crocker "Fluffy Whipped" White Icing. (it has to be Fluffy Whipped White Icing!!)
3/4 - 1 whole package of Philidelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 8In a mixing bowl combine the Fluffy Whipped White Icing with the Philidelphia Cream Cheese on low to medium speed until smoothe. Spread it ontop of cake and ENJOY!