How to Make My favorite cake mix version
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake pans by greasing and flouring bottom and sides. May use 2, 9 inch round pans, 1, 9x13 pan or desired shape pan. Should make 20 cup cakes if desired.
- 2Put first four ingredients in large bowel for regular cake. Add Instant pudding if making pound cake.
- 3Start mixing on low speed then on high speed till well mixed. Do not over mix or cake will be tough. Pour into prepared pan/pans.
- 4Place in center of preheated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cake will be light brown on top and center will spring back when touches. Remove from oven let cool 10 minutes then invert onto cooling racks.
- 5When cake is cooled you can level off tops of the cake by trimming off the hump in the center with a long knife. This will make cake level for stacking.
- 6Ice cake and decorate as desired. I recommend using Bevs Decorating frosting.