MY 4 C'S Coconut chocolate chip cupcakes.
- 2 1/4 c
- flour plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter,room temp.
- 2 large
- eggs room temp.
- 3/4 c
- low fat milk, room temp.
- 3 tsp
- pure coconut extract
- 1 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- sweetened shredded coconut
- as follows (frosting)
- butter cream coconut frosting
- 3 c
- powder sugar
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, room temp.
- 3-4 tsp
- real coconut extract
- 1-3 tsp
- water(or coconut water extra flavor)
- of salt
How to Make MY 4 C'S Coconut chocolate chip cupcakes.
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 325*
IN Medium bowl ,sift together 2 1/4 cups of flour,baking powder,and salt.
- 2CUT the butter into cubes and place them in large bowl.
USE a electric mixer on low speed,then medium , to cream the butter for a minute till it becomes light and airy.
- 3SLOWLY add to the bowl and beat for 3- 3 minutes more.
Increasing the speed gradually and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula periodically, until the color becomes lighter and the sugar is fully integrated into the butter.
- 4BEAT in eggs,then milk,then the coconut extract.
ADD the dry ingredients to the wet and stir till moistened.DO NOT OVER MIX.
- 5TOSS the chocolate chips,with 1 table spoon of flour till they are coated in flour.
THIS WILL KEEP THEM FROM SINKING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BATTER ,DURING BAKING.
FOLD the sweetened shredded coconut and chocolate chips into the batter.Do not over mix.
- 6LINE a cupcake tin with paper liners and spray ,so that it will not stick to paper cups .
Fill each tin with batter three quarters full.
I'VE found the easiest way to do this with an ice cream scoop.
- 7BAKE THEM for 25 to 30 minutes till they test clean with toothpick.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely be frosting.I like to them on wire rack cooling rack. SO bottom don;t get greasy.
- 8FROSTING TIP MAKE IT FROM SCRATCH
STIR the powder sugar, and salt into a bowl.
CUT butter into cubes.(Make sure its room temperature,and add it to the sugar and salt.
MIX well and deco.your cup cakes and enjoy it.THIS RECIPE IS GREAT TO SHARE WITH YOUR GRANDCHILDREN AND LET THEM ADD all the ingredients.AND SEE THEIR SMILES.AS they tell the story how they made this cupcakes with Grandmey .