Ms. Doris' Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 9 slices pineapple in juice (from 14 oz. can), drained
- 9 maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 ex. large eggs
How to Make Ms. Doris' Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In 9-inch square or round pan, melt ¼ cup butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- 2In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- 3Bake 50 to 55 mins. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over, together. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake and cake can release from baking pan; remove pan.
- 4Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store cake loosely covered.