3/4 cshortening (i use butter)
4egg yolks, reserve whites
2 cpowdered sugar
3/4 cstrong coffee
2 tspbaking powder
1 cwalnuts, chopped (optional)
1 cchocolate jimmies
4egg whites, beaten
How to Make MRS. VV's JIMMIE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or tube pan.
- In a large bowl combine shortening and powdered sugar. Beat. Add eggs. Beat. Add coffee. Beat.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Add jimmies and nuts. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into a prepared bundt pan tube pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Frost with a white butter cream frosting and srinkle with chocolate jimmies!!
- Or you can use a chocolate ganache drizzled over the cake..... (and sprinkle with chocolate jimmies)
To make ganache:
Scald 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Pour over 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
I like to use good chocolate such as Ghiradelli. While warm drizzle over cake! Store extras in refrigerator for a latter use or on top of ice cream!