Mousse for layered cakes or cupcakes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 1 pkg
- instant pudding (any flavor, 3 1/2 oz.)
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar ( use more or less according to taste)
How to Make Mousse for layered cakes or cupcakes
- 1Add cream to the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment in place (you can also use a hand mixer). Whip the cream on medium to high speed until it begins to thicken to soft peaks.
- 2Turn mixer down to low and add powdered sugar and pudding packet. Mix until well combined and desired texture is reached. I like mine to be just a little more sturdy than a soft peak.
- 3Cool until ready to use.
I use it to pipe into the center of cupcakes with a pastry bag or spread it between layers of a layered cake. Enjoy!