It is still good in the refrigerator for a couple of days. If longer, you can freeze. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
How to Make MOUNDS CAKE
- 1Prepare cake mix as directed on package and bake.
- 2While the cake is in the oven, mix together in saucepan and cook on low (make sure you continuously stir, it burns easily) the sugar, marshmallows, and milk, bring to a boil.
- 3Remove from the heat and add the coconut. Pour this mixture over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Cool.
- 4Icing: In a saucepan on medium heat mix the milk, sugar. and butter, bring this to a boil.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Top cake with this mixture. Refrigerate overnight.