Mom's White Cake
2 1/4 ccake flour, i sift, and then measure again
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 csugar
2envelopes (1.3 ounces each) dream whip
1 c( 6 ounces) white chocolate chips, melted
1/4 cstrawberry jam
1 cstrawberry frosting
1 can(s)(8 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
1 csliced strawberries
How to Make Mom's White Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
Line the bottoms of two 9 - inch round cake pans with waxed, or parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray. I spray the pan before laying the parchment, and then also again after.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, two at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla; beat until blended, with mixer at low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers come out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire rack 10 minutes.
Loosen edges and invert layers onto rack to cool completely.
- PREPARE FROSTING AND FRUIT FILLING...
Beat whipped topping and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
Beat on high speed 4 minutes until topping thickens and forms peaks.
With mixer at low speed, beat melted chocolate into topping. Add jam; beat until blended. Chill 15 minutes or until of spreading consistency.
- Fruit filling:
Combine 1 cup strawberry frosting,(recipe above), pineapple and strawberries in medium bowl; mix well.
- To fill and frost cake, place one layer on cake plate, spread top with fruit filling. Place second layer over filling.
Frost top and sides. Place strawberries on top of cake, if desired