Mom's Sunday Strawberry Cake
The recipe was handed down to my wife, Mandi, who continues to make the cake. The requests now pour in from her family for her to make this cake for them on many occasions. To this day, nothing marks a special occasion in our extended family like this cake, and I am happy to pass it along.
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- eggs, beaten well
- 10oz. package of frozen strawberries, less 2 tablespoons
- 2/3 c
- wesson oil
- 3oz. package strawberry gelatin (jello)
- 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- strawberries, saved from cake above
- 1 box
- confections sugar
How to Make Mom's Sunday Strawberry Cake
- 1FROSTING-Make FIRST and refrigerate to cool while you make the cake.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place cake mix, oil, eggs and jello in large
mixer bowl and blend well with electric mixer. Add strawberries and pour
into 3 8-inch pans that have been greased and floured (I use a 9 x pan
stead. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
While cake cools mix up cream cheese, butter, strawberries and confectioners
sugar with electric mixer. Handle cake carefully while frosting it, as it
is very light and moist and crumbles easily.