Mom's Cocoa Cinnamon Pound Cake
1 cbutter, room temperature
2 1/2 csugar
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 ccocoa powder
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Mom's Cocoa Cinnamon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan, or 3 quart bundt pan.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy; add sugar gradually, cream together until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating between them, until all are added; beat just until combined; add vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan; then remove from pan to cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze and serve. This cake is also good served warm.