Mom's Apple Crumb Cake
1/2 cbutter - room temperature
1 3/4 cflour
2 tspbaking powder
2 can(s)comstock brand apple pie filling
3 stickbutter - room temperature
1 1/2 clight brown sugar
How to Make Mom's Apple Crumb Cake
- To make the batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Alternate the dry ingredients and milk into butter mixture until well blended.
- Spread batter into greased 10 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Spread two cans of apple pie filling over batter and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- To make the crumb topping:
- Mix flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon with hands and shape into a ball. Pull pieces from ball and place on top of cake. Should be enough crumbs to cover the entire top of the cake. The crumbs don't need to be perfect.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Let cool in the oven.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.