Molten Dulce de Leche Cakes
- unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour plus more for ramekins
- 2 large
- egg yolks
- 1 large
- 1 2/3 c
- canned or jarred dulce de leche (preferably nestle)
- vanilla or banana ice cream
How to Make Molten Dulce de Leche Cakes
- 1Six 4-oz or Four 6-oz ceramic ramekins
Preheat oven 425F. Butter and flour ramekins; transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and egg in a medium bowl until doubled in volume and eggs hold a slight ribbon, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- 3Add the dulce de leche; beat until well blended, then gradually add 2 1/2 Tbsp. flour; beat until well blended. Divide batter among ramekins.
- 4Transfer sheet to oven. Bake cakes until outsides are golden brown in color but the centers still jiggles, 12-14 minutes.
- 5Transfer sheet to a rack. Run a knife around edges of ramekins to loosen cakes; invert onto plates or into shollow bowls. Serve hot with ice cream.