Molten Chocolate Cake w/Caramel Center
How to Make Molten Chocolate Cake w/Caramel Center
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups
- 2Combine butter and chocolate in a double boiler; cook stirring continually until chocolate is melted. let stand to cool slightly.
**NOTE: You can melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave using the DEFROST setting stirring occassionally for 4 minutes
- 3Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until thickened about 5 minutes.
- 4Add flour gradually; beating at low speed.
- 5Add chocolate mixture and beat until thick and glossy; about 3 minutes
- 6Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 fill. Bake the cakes for 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, combine carmaels and 2 T evaporated milk in a double boiler. Cook, stirring continually until caramels are melted.
- 8Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls of caramel mixture into each muffin cup; bake for 8 minutes longer.
- 9Invert cakes onto individual serving plates
- 10Stir remaining evaporated milk into remaining caramel mixture; serve with warm cakes.