Molten Chocolate Cake w/Caramel Center
How to Make Molten Chocolate Cake w/Caramel Center
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups
- Combine butter and chocolate in a double boiler; cook stirring continually until chocolate is melted. let stand to cool slightly.
**NOTE: You can melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave using the DEFROST setting stirring occassionally for 4 minutes
- Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Add flour gradually; beating at low speed.
- Add chocolate mixture and beat until thick and glossy; about 3 minutes
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 fill. Bake the cakes for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine carmaels and 2 T evaporated milk in a double boiler. Cook, stirring continually until caramels are melted.
- Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls of caramel mixture into each muffin cup; bake for 8 minutes longer.
- Invert cakes onto individual serving plates
- Stir remaining evaporated milk into remaining caramel mixture; serve with warm cakes.