MOIST POUND CAKE
How to Make MOIST POUND CAKE
- 1) Preheat oven to 325* (F)
2) Spread solid shortening in a 9-inch tube pan.
3) Dust evenly with flour; tap out excess.
4) Set prepared pan aside.
5) Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
6) In a mixing bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy.
7) Gradually add sugar and beat until very light and creamy.
- 8) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 9) Beat in Vanilla.
- 10) By hand or on low speed, gradually stir in flour mixture, blend well.
- 11) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes for tube pan, or until toothpick comes out clean.
12) Cool the cake in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
13) Remove cake from pan, flip up-right, and cool completely on wire rack.