Moist Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Plus
Its a few days later and I just wanted to add that I've made another batch using Betty Crockers Super Moist Devils Food Flavor cake mix... and it came out delicious.
- 1 box
- duncan hines devils food cake mix
- 1 c
- mayonnaise ( i used miracle whip) original
- 2 tsp
- dry instant coffee granules
- 4 Tbsp
- leftover coffee or mix coffee granules with 4 tbsp hot water
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- large eggs
- 1 c
- chocolate milk
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- or less of chocolate chippits (use as little or less as you like)
How to Make Moist Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Plus
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and prepare your pans or cupcake pan with liners.
Rather than following the package directions......
In mixing bowl pour dry cake mix.
Add mayonaisse and eggs.
In a measuring cup, pour in either the leftover coffee and add the 2 teaspoons of instant coffee, or the hot water with the 2 teaspoons of instant coffee. I had leftover coffee which I added 2 teaspoons of instant to it.. it hasn't caused any coffee flavour to my cupcakes.
Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and fill the rest of the measuring cup up to the 1 cup line with chocolate milk.
Pour this into the cake mix mixture.
With beater on low, beat to blend.. about 2 minutes.. the beat on medium another 2 minutes.
Add your chocolate chippits and stir in.
Pour into your prepared pan and bake about 20 minutes. Do toothpick test at 18 minutes. I haven't frosted my cupcakes yet.. they're so good without..