Moist Chocolate Cake
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/4 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter, softened
3/4 cwhite granulated sugar
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate melted
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cheavy cream
4 ozsemisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
How to Make Moist Chocolate Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Grease and flour a 9" round cake pan. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper;grease and flour paper. For the cake in a medium bowl stir together flour,cocoa powder, baking powder,and baking soda.
- In a large bowl,with electric mixer set om medium, beat,butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at
a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Alternately fold flour mixture and milk into batter.
- Pour into prepared pans.Baked until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife around edge of pan; invert cake onto rack; cool completely.
- For Icing, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium heat. Add chocolate; remove from heat.
- Cover; let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk until thick. Cool for 15 minutes. Place a sheet of waxed paper under rack. Pour icing over cake; spread to cover. Cool until set.
- Chef tip: Easiest frosting of cakes is done by placing the cakes in your desired frosting dish,and refrigerate the cakes for 1 hour. I did mines over night and brushed off any crumbs before icing