Moist Banana Cake
1/2 cmargarine, softened
1/4 cbutter, softened
2 1/4 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cmashed banana (2 large or 3 small bananas)
How to Make Moist Banana Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 9"X13" nonstick baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together (by hand) the margarine, butter and sugar. Mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas to the margarine mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour alternately with the buttermilk, ending with the flour mixture. Mix just until smooth after each addition.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cake springs back when tested with fingertip.
- TIP: If you don;t have buttermilk substitute a mixture of 3/4 cup whole milk with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice added.