"Mock" PB Kandy Kakes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- box angel food cake mix, or fresh
- recipe for peanut butter frosting
- 16oz bags of chocolate morsels
- 1/2 stick
- room temperature butter
- 1/2 c
- peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- milk or water
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
How to Make "Mock" PB Kandy Kakes
- 1Prepare the cake and place in a 9x14 pan lined with parchment. Bake 350 for about 40 mins or until firm in center. Cool on wire rack away from heat sources
- 2Prepare frosting by beating butters and liquids together until smooth. Incorporate 2 cups of the sugar into the mix and beat until combined. Then add the other 2 cups until frosting consistency.
- 3Prepare your work surface by using parchment, foil, plastic wrap, or the like and cut rounds out of cake using cookie cutter, can, jar, cup, or whatever you have on hand that is circular.
- 4spread the frosting on top of each round and freeze when finished.
- 5In a double boiler or two pots on the stove, melt chocolate until smooth. Can also be done in microwave in intervals on half the power, check package directions.
- 6There are a few was to coat the frozen cakes but I prefer to lay out your foil, parchment, whatever and place a dollop of chocolate the size of your cake in the surface. Place cake on top, then cover with chocolate until all sides are coated. If you feel brave using the dip method, be quick as the frosting melts fast!
- 7Set finished cakes in fridge to set.