Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a fantabulous surprise these were! So moist and so delicious... We used the scratch recipe Lee suggests and couldn't have been more pleased. The Test Kitchen
1/2 cshortening, butter flavor
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
POWDERED SUGAR FROSTING
2 Tbspbutter or margerine
3 cpowdered sugar
16 ozspanish peanuts, salted
How to Make Mocho Cakes
- WHITE CAKE:
- Blend the shortening and sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and the milk.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff (in a separate bowl) and fold into the batter.
- Make cupcakes using wrappers and filling the cups 1/2 full.
- POWDERED SUGAR FROSTING :
- Blend all ingredients. The frosting should be thin but not drippy.
- Spanish Peanuts:
Finely chop peanuts (A one cup food processor works great for the peanuts!)
- - Frost the (unwrapped) sides first and then the top of the cupcake.
- Press the top down into crushed Spanish Peanuts. Roll the sides.
- QUICK METHOD:
Make cupcakes according to instructions on a boxed
Thin a can of White frosting with milk. (Make sure it is thin, but not drippy)
Then roll in the peanuts.